Monday, October 5, 2015

why I study Japanese

When I was a child, I watched Japanese anime. I remembered I was really impressed by the scene and the plot. However, because at that time I cannot read very well, I sometimes cannot understand what is going on only with the help of those subtitles. That was really annoying me and I used to wish all the anime would be dubbed in Chinese. As I grew up and did not have trouble reading subtitles, I started to realize that there are some feeling that only a Japanese anime can deliver. Some just sounds really wired in my native language (perhaps the dubbing actors are really bad lol.) I started to only watch original versions, with Chinese subtitles. Also, my interest toward anime started to expand to Japanese books and films. As the more I watched and read, the more I knew about the Japanese culture: their appreciation of sakura, all different perspectives of humanity and death, etc. And the more I knew the culture, the more I appreciated it. Since then, I wonder how it feel to watch or read directly in Japanese. It would be a completely different feeling. Also, it would be a really cool to speak Japanese with Japanese people and to make friend with them. To directly talk about what they think about their culture would be so cool. 

7 comments:

  1. Hi. My name is Asuka Saitoh. I’m 19. My hobbies are singing, watching movies and snowboarding. How about you? I work my part-time job at Japanese food restaurant. What Japanese food do you like? I heard from my teacher that you want to develop your Japanese skill. I want to support you. If you have any questions about Japan, ask me. I’m looking forward to your reply.

    よろしくおねがいします。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi~はじめいましで。This is Jiaxi Lu. You can call me Jerry. It seems you got a really cool hobby. I have actually never skied before, although I wish I have. I also enjoy watching movies. 私はいろいろの映画を見ます。気のよる、矢口史靖のひみつの花園をみました。Asukaさんは、なんの映画を見ますか。
      btw, how to write your name in Kanji? :)

      Delete
    2. Hi, Jerry. Nice to meet you. I have not watched ひみつの花園. I'll check it. Recentry, I watched musical movie, pich perfect. I prefer to watch action movies and musical movies.

      My name in kanji is 明日香. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for something wrong with my computer, the comment has been posted twice...ルーさんは何(なん)のアニメがすきですか?ワンピースですか?なるとですか?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. わたしのたいすきなアニメは反逆のルルーシュです。

      Delete